Laboratory of Microbiology
The laboratory of microbiology performs high-level innovative activities on research projects. Our team develops and implements high-tech methods and analyses for the biotechnological production of biologically active substances; produces microbial fertilizers and controls their quality.
Isolation, characterization, identification and deposition of new microbial strains;
- Maintenance of working and collection production microbial cultures;
- Design and monitoring of ongoing microbiological experiments;
- Fermentations – preparation, operation, cultivation and post-fermentation analyses; process optimization;
- Development, testing and registration of new products;
- Development of regimes for lyophilization of biological samples;
- Preparation, disintegration, extraction and analysis of biologically active substances of microbial and vegetable origin;
- Gene manipulations to obtain high concentrations of biologically active substances – secondary metabolites (phytohormones, enzymes, vitamins, pigments, etc.)
2. Microbial collections:
Nitrogen fixators: Azotobacter sp. , Paenibacillus sp.
- PGPR – Pseudomonas sp., Bacillus sp., Paenibacillus sp.,
- Mycorrhiza – Trichoderma sp.
- Lactic acid bacteria – Lactobacillus sp.
- Fungi with insecticide effect – Beauveria sp., Metarhizium sp.
- Phytopatogenic bacteria – Agrobacterium sp.
- Phytopatogenic fungi – Fusarium sp., Alternaria sp., Botrytis sp.
3. Development of microbial products:
Plant growth stimulators (industrial crops, cereals, cannabis, decorative, etc.);
- Plant growth retardants
- Plant protectors
- Trichome formation inducers
- Products increasing the yield of aromatic and medicinal crops (peppermint, cannabis, etc.)